Thursday, August 16, 2007

dover down


I'm here in Dover, Deleware, home of this f-ing big airplane. It's huge, I've seen it, up close, big. one time it crashed here. not to far from where pops lives.
So I'm visiting pops and lady here for a few days before heading down to the colombian district for some family time. So far I've seen the sights, which included the beast to the left, and I marshalled a golf tournament. I was so marshalicious today that they gave me a tote bag full of tampons, wet wipes and sunscreen. The golf tournament was a part of my pops work. He works for a company that makes all of that stuff. His company just got bought out by a company that is the drumming bunny, not the copper top. For those of you who know my family history you will know it is time to start praying. for those of you who don't, companies have a tendency to buy out the companies my dad works for. This is usually followed with a large residential/occupational change. We're hoping this is not the case this time. So anyhoo, we golfed today and much talk was given to the bunny transition. It is always interesting to see my dad in work mode. He's Good. He's not good at golf. I've never tried. I don't think I will.
And From Here on Out
Tomorrow we will relax, Kayak and hit the deleware beaches. And on Saturday I celebrate births and anniversaries in VA; Me, my grandma, and sis and her hubby. On Sunday I head to "the lake" with said sis and hubby to hang, along with niece and nephew. I am so looking forward to niece and nephew. the are the sweetest darn people in the world, and I love them and miss them with every little bit of myself I can muster up. I just love the little people. Momma gets Monday and Tuesday, ending the week with some sweet motherly love.

5 comments:

Matt Pool said...

Hey have fun out there.
The porch won't let me post, but I want you to know that we will cruise your bday bash. Most assuredly I say this unto you.

Dan said...

Happy freaken day of your birth.
What a great trip. sounds like fun. hugs and kisses to them all.

on a different note. I remember, a few years back, seeing my dad work. and I thought something very similar ... wow, he's good.

and yet a different note, maybe thats the key to success. yes that. that that that that that.

and finally, though I cannot make it there in person, I will be there in spirit cheering you at the celebratory fiesta.

Unknown said...

I like celebrity fiestas too!
BTW, I hung out with your wife last week...she's cool coco puffs!

Anonymous said...

confessless.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)